© 2005 Yuri Khan
A FAR Manager plugin for editing Substation Alpha
- Live preview. The plugin synchronizes with
Media Player Classic, showing the
current subtitle under the cursor. Saving the file causes the player to reload it, instantly
applying the changes.
- All-keyboard operation. Designed for real-time editing, the plugin allows to
perform most functions on the fly, sometimes even without pausing the player.
- Instant shifting. Most frequently, if the timing of one phrase is wrong, the
timing of all subsequent phrases is also wrong, by the same amount. This plugin allows shifting
the current phrase and all subsequent ones, with one keypress.
- Instant styling. Apply phrase styles (such as *Default, Caption, Overvoice,
Song, or whatever you use) without ever pausing the player.
- Customizability. Use key macros to assign plugin functions to keys that are
convenient for you. Highlight different styles with your favorite colors.
- Also includes a syntax highlighting scheme (for use with
Colorer) and a set of macros for FAR and
Editor Settings Changer plugin.
Download the latest version (2.3, 2007-03-28) or one of
- 2.2 (2007-01-14)
- 2.1 (2006-09-16)
- 2.0 (2006-05-21)
- Plugin no longer dies on startup if COM is
already initialized in multithread apartment mode. (Suggested by
- Attaching to player did not work on Windows
Vista. (Reported by 4ekucT)
- On localized Windows builds, error messages were reported in the
wrong encoding. (Reported by Lan)
- Moved the last key binding, F2, into
- If a player is closed while the plugin is attached to it, will detach
automatically. (Suggested by Lan)
- Phrase reordering corrupted text if it was in an encoding other than OEM.
(Reported by Px)
- Added a version information resource.
- Rewritten from scratch as a non-modal plugin.
- Added player instance selection menu.
- Added seeking to arbitrary media time.
- Added multiline phrase editor.
- Added phrase splitting and splicing.
- Added overlay fixer.
- Added phrase moving up/down.
- Added shifting selected block and whole script.
- Moved all key bindings out of the plugin into macros.
- First public release.
Was implemented as a modal editor plugin and thus did not allow use of
macros and other plugins during operation. Had obscure and non-configurable
key bindings. Supported one instance of Media Player Classic, and if more were
running, selected one at random.
This is free software, distributed under the GNU Public License. See
details in the enclosed license.txt file.
Links & Contact
The latest version of SSA Editor can be found at http://far-ssa.gorodok.net/.
Bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, ideas, patches can be
sent by e-mail to far-ssa at gorodok dot net. Also,
there’s a discussion thread at the FAR Manager forum.